M&M

Friday, June 16, 2006

Mirrors and the Gym

I just returned from the gym. Jessica A. and I rode together and worked out "together". Our workouts are made up for us by the super fit Amy at the Semper Fit gym. One thing that I have noticed since I became a gym goer is that "have mirror will look" holds true for anybody. Of course when you first darken the door of the gym you keep your eyes lowered and focus on getting smoothly on and off the equipment, otherwise you will have an incident like Jessica A. did on the treadmill, nearly killed herself, arms flailing in the air and uncontrollable laughter from me. Anyway, a few weeks after your first gym experience you happen to glance up as you are lifting a free weight and notice something different. "Is that definition?" you may ask yourself. "Could it be possible that my butt looks smaller"? Then everyday after you begin to search the mirror non-stop for a new muscle or sleeker profile. It is madding to me that I can't keep my eyes off myself!! Surely all I'm really looking for is verification that the time I spend lifting, pulling, lunging, and tugging is really paying off. Surely?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get rid of my favorite Abbey student's bottom! I miss my Mer!

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMMM.....a preacher's daughter???!!!!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home